Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rondo of Swords

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master Knight DH
Artillery
Master Knight DH

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Rondo of Swords Empty
PostSubject: Rondo of Swords   Rondo of Swords Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:16 pm

I just played this game last night on iDeaS (the recommended emulator, since no$GBA is incompatible), and it has an interesting concept: moving through enemy units to attack them. I only wish it wouldn't be a problem to AW's simplicity, because it would be a good way to shut down unit floods. Well, let me show you an example, using AW vehicles even though Rondo of Swords is medieval based:

PMMMMMMMMP
PPMMMMMMPP
PPPMMMMPPP
PPPPPPPPHP
PPPMMMMPPP
PPMMMMMMPP
PMMMMMMMMP

*Red Star:
-AA Tank (S Rank) - 3, 4
*Blue Moon
-Infantry * 6 - 4, 4; 5, 4; 6, 4; 7, 4; 8, 4; 9, 4

The AA Tank may move to 8, 3 or 8, 5. If it does, it will friccasse all of the first 5 infantry. Please note that it may not move onto 9, 4 because another infantry is controlling it and it is at the end of the AA Tank's movement ability. Units still may not stop on controlled spaces, even if it's an enemy that would die in one strike.

Also please note that enemy units you attack this way may still counterattack if applicable. That's why I used the AA Tank in the example, so that it would IK them and prevent counterattack possibility. A Light Tank would get to move to 8, 3 or 8, 5 anyway, but I can't be bothered to check how much damage it would take.

There's more tutorials, but I'll let you see them for yourself. Don't worry, there's still a way to use bottlenecks, but let me tell you, wimpy units usually won't get to be good shields anymore. Anyway, Tutorial 10 may be sadistic for you, so I'm up for providing help with that.
Back to top Go down

Rondo of Swords
Page 1 of 1