Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Compettion Room-related news thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Compettion Room-related news thread Empty
PostSubject: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:11 pm

This is where news like new maps, scores, etc. is gonna go.

Anyways, we have 2 new maps today, both by me.

First, Mountain Pass, which has actually been on my Photobucket account for a while now XD The name is subject to change since it's a very un-original name for a map.

Second is Shield Reef. I have a feeling this one'll be tougher than most of my other maps. As for name I have no idea why I called it that XD
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Does anyone come to this forum anymore?

For those that do, tst5381 brought it to my attention that winning a map against the CPU by HQ Capture every single time in the quickest time possible takes zero real skills.

So now there's a second high-score table for every map: One is for HQ Capture, the second is for Rout wins.

In other news...Diamond Map is gone. Deleted. Destroyed. Eradicated. IT'S A HORRIBLE MAP THAT DESERVES DEATH DOOM AND DESTRUCTION! Get it?! If you had a video of the map then you might as well throw it out. Bleh.

Finally, RULE CHANGE! Screenshots are no longer suffice as proof of your score: you need a video of, at the very least, the final turn of the battle. Sorry, that's how it works now.
Back to top Go down
Master Knight DH
Artillery
Master Knight DH

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:42 am

There IS some degree of skill in HQ Captures, but they're just cheap all the same. Casualties' influence on Technique could stand to be toned up instead of letting 2 of your 3 units or even any number of units die and you get 150 in Technique anyway, and there's always adding a new rank stat just to rub salt on the wound.
Back to top Go down
Kai Hitaro
Missile
Kai Hitaro

Male
Number of posts : 263
Location : If you want to know where I am call a psychic! If you're too lazy to do that just leave me a message
Job/hobbies : Graphic Artist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Yeah lol
Back to top Go down
http://khsa.heavenforum.com
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am

Alright, update time. For once.

First, a new map: Sock Island, by qzecwx. Play it. Win it. Post scores.

Second, the individual pages for each map had an overhaul for aesthetic purposes. Yay for tables within other tables.
Back to top Go down
airob
Recon

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:12 am

o well, this means i can no longer participate in this D:, since i don´t really know how to make the videos(i´m a noob at most computer things) and i´m too lazy to google it,lol
guess i´ll stick to posting some maps for war room and whatnot
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:45 am

Hey no one ever said scores wouldn't be accepted without proof. I just highly recommend it.

Anyways, update time! First order of business: Small Steps is gone. I hate that map. It must DIE! Erase your videos! Pretend it never existed! :C

Next...maps have been organized into 4 categories. Versus and Deployed should be self-explanatory. Multiplayer maps have two or three teams going against one or two enemy teams. I even made a new map for it: Blue Star. Bad name, interesting map! You can control both armies yourself, or play it with another human, OR have the CPU controlling one army. Can you stand having a horrible AI partner?! In any case, be sure to note which CO played for which teams. All players will have their names on the scoreboard.

The fourth and final category is Variety. These maps are so weird they just don't fit into the other categories - Blue Moon Factory is a prime example, but I made another map to go with it: Metal Gear Lander. This map breaks tradition and is played in FOW, and you have to sneak your Lander past enemy units.

Next up...all score submissions are going into one thread from now on. We're better off that way.

The forum itself also changed slightly...just look to your left. As forumotion gets more awesome, so does the forums it hosts, heh.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! We now accept scores obtained in Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict! Hopefully the maps are tougher there!
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:45 am

Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:07 am

I feel bad for all the recons in MGL. They are doomed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room-related news thread   Compettion Room-related news thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compettion Room-related news thread
Page 1 of 1