Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)

Go down 
+2
airob
Ephraim225
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Empty
PostSubject: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Click Here

Alright here's how this is gonna work out. I figured we could get this lace to be more active with some competition so...yeah.

What we're gonna do is see who can clear these maps in as little time as possible. You can use any CO you want. Yes, even Sturm.

Settings for all maps are the same except for the enemy COs which are shown on each map's individual page. Fog is off, funds are 1,000 , COPs are on.

There's only 2 maps up right now but you guys ca submit your own maps. Just make sure they are playable in AW2.

So what are you waiting for? Show us how fast you are.

And don't even think about Victory March abuse or...I'll know!

Last edited by Ephraim225 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
airob
Recon

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:48 pm

sound interesting, i donŽt have sturm(i deleted my data =X) but iŽll try them with kanbei or grit,i might submit some maps from AWBW
Back to top Go down
airob
Recon

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:10 pm

sorry for double post but here it is
diamon isle-9days-kanbei(it took me long D: , i might try it again later)
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Advancewars2[img][/img]Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Advancewats1

EDIT: new record 8days
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Advacnewar3
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:37 pm

I just noticed - Diamond Map has Shoals on it. I see no shoals in that screenshot. Sorry but you're going to have to go back and d it over :\
Back to top Go down
airob
Recon

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

sorry my bad, i did it and this was what happened
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Adancewar4
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Adancwwar5

the shoals were just a shortcut to the HQ and the AI playing rather stupidly was easy, ic ould have done it on 4 turns but i sent tha other infanty east D: anwyay there it is
Back to top Go down
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Will you count AWDS? If so, I have pics of me beating Small Stuff with Colin in 11 days. I just have to warn you, the pics are extremely blurry.

Edit: I retried it with Sami and got 7 days. Also with blurry pics.
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Nope, can't count AWDS, sorry. I picked AW2 because anybody with a computer can grab an emulator and ROM and play it. AWDS plays horribly in all the emulators I've tried.

And...FIVE days? That sure beats the hell out of this:

Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) 1060-AdvanceWars2-BlackHoleRisingU

Last edited by Ephraim225 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Bummer, but then again, I can see why. With the leveling system, what's to say I modified Colin and Sami before the battle? Also, paraphrasing from one of your AW instructions videos, 'Advance wars DS is for beginners,' or something like that.

Also, no. I did not modify either character, despite Colin being at Lv 20 and Sami being at Lv 0. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Actually I changed my mind, go ahead and show us your scores on AWDS Very Happy I'm going to have two "divisions", one for AW2 and one for AWDS.

Just remember, only use ONE CO and NO force skills.
Back to top Go down
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Well, thank you!

Like I said, the pics are very blurry. And before you ask, I used my camera to take the pics strait from my DS. XD

Anyway, here they are.

Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Day7
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Map-1
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Capture
Back to top Go down
airob
Recon

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 pm

my emulator (no$gba 2.6) runs AWDS 100% Very Happy i will post some pics too from time to time
you should try that emulator, it doesnŽt has afull screen, but most roms up tothis point (except yoshi island DS) run correctly
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Woah that is blurry...but it works. The rivers look nicer in that color lol. I guess the maps aren't as hard as I thought they might have been. lol.
Back to top Go down
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Yeah, lol. The rivers do look nicer, but the road looks like it has three lanes.

In case anyone is curios, the only units I used were 11 infantry, 1 recon, and 1 artillery. My recon is on the building closest to the bridge and my artillery is 2 left - 3 down from the HQ. Everyone else is an infantry.
Back to top Go down
airob
Recon

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

small stuff AW2
kanbei-5 days
Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Advancewar6Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Advacewar7

viewing the rather dumb acting of the AI, the maps are easy HQ rushing taking as advantage, that during the first 3-4 turns on any custom map the AI focuses on capturing properties rather than on attacking you
Back to top Go down
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 pm

*retries Small Stuff again* Yeah, 5 days is the shortest anyone will ever get. That river is the reason why.

Also I just realized. I forgot to add the two forests right of Blue's HQ.
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:11 am

4 days is possible in the theoretical sense. But you'd have to be playing AW1 for that, so that the CPU is REALLY off their game.

I guess I can't make a good War Room map XD and that's why I want others to come up with maps.
Back to top Go down
Kai Hitaro
Missile
Kai Hitaro

Male
Number of posts : 263
Location : If you want to know where I am call a psychic! If you're too lazy to do that just leave me a message
Job/hobbies : Graphic Artist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:12 am

I got 7 days with Sami. Uploading the video to youtube now.
Back to top Go down
http://khsa.heavenforum.com
airob
Recon

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:23 am

actually sturm could make 4 days maybe
EDIT: iŽve submitted a map
Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Ephraim225 wrote:
Click Here

Alright here's how this is gonna work out. I figured we could get this lace to be more active with some competition so...yeah.

What we're gonna do is see who can clear these maps in as little time as possible. You can use any CO you want. Yes, even Sturm.

Settings for all maps are the same except for the enemy COs which are shown on each map's individual page. Fog is off, funds are 1,000 , COPs are on.

There's only 2 maps up right now but you guys ca submit your own maps. Just make sure they are playable in AW2.

So what are you waiting for? Show us how fast you are.
Can we please seperate the rules from the submissions thread? It confuses me a bit.
Also why not play it on AW1? Just change the CO if it is an AW2 CO to a AW1 CO if it is a bother.

airob wrote:
actually sturm could make 4 days maybe
Nope still takes him 5 days.
EDIT:
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tANP0MZ-yHg

Anyway Congrats On Your Record airob. Hope to see more from you when more maps arive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Meh, everything AW1 has, AW2 also has.

...Fine I'll make an AW1 division...don't go telling me you want a DoR division as well.
Back to top Go down
Threadnaught
Mech

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Well that wouldn't be so bad would it?

In fact it would be good if the condition for AWDC was to play against Stolos, as anyone but Stolos.

But that's just because I'm cruel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)   Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compettion Room rules (Submit scores HERE)
Page 1 of 1