Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Crater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TechRush
Infantry
TechRush

Number of posts : 5
Location : Variable at any given time, however, average coordinates are found to be approximately 33°51'35.9"S 151°12'40"E
Job/hobbies : computer games, drawing, ADVANCE AWARRING
Registration date : 2010-09-06

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:20 am

The Crater Crater13

A sea+tight land battle map. Recommended for 2 vs 2, in which the teams are Orange Star and Yellow Comet versus Blue Moon and Green Earth. Feel free to comment.
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:04 pm

There aren't enough properties. Naval battles are expensive, and this map only gives each player 8 properties. That's only enough for a Black Boat. Combat will be very slow unless the number of properties increases...maybe add islands with properties on them?
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
TechRush
Infantry
TechRush

Number of posts : 5
Location : Variable at any given time, however, average coordinates are found to be approximately 33°51'35.9"S 151°12'40"E
Job/hobbies : computer games, drawing, ADVANCE AWARRING
Registration date : 2010-09-06

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:43 am

Aha! Yes, the scarce properties are a noticeable issue on this map.
The number of properties I have put for a reason. Now this is a deceptive map where players would expect a positive result from early investment in the navy, however, ground battles will prove to be a more effective method to rush your opponents at the start and build up your navy later.

Also, the lack of funds at the start and the way they are positioned on the map seems to leave plenty of room for mistakes, where a failure to efficiently capture all of the 8 porperties would result in the players falling behind in consolidating their army.

Hmmm... im considering putting an island in the centre which would otherwise be useless

I havent actually played Dual strike so I not sure what effect this map would have on the battles. But I will post a Days of ruin version of this map, where ships are cheaper and more effective, plus I've used the new water terrain to make the middle part more useful.
Back to top Go down
Master Knight DH
Artillery
Master Knight DH

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-12-04

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Land battling on a map this chokey? I call infantry+indirect spam shenanigans. Even if there are cities in the center parts of the land paths. I'll also point out that navy warfare is generally seriously underdeveloped to the point where Game Breakers will quickly become clear.
Back to top Go down
airob
Recon

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-07-01

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 am

Terrain, infantry, and indirect COs will rule this map out with ground battle, if they decide to anyway, also, it looks like this might be a pretty long game, considering how each army starts, you canīt even create a lot of units from both bases because there is not much space until you build a lander/bboat to transport your stuff.

also it wouldnīt hurt a few island in the center to place more properties, there is plenty of space, finally, if there is going to be ground battle, there is never going to be naval. simply because those 8K will be used to build arty-tank every other turn, along with some spammed infantry from the corners, saying that saving funds will get you naval warfare is unlikely, simply because you wonīt build an infantry in order to save for naval when your opponent builds a vehicle each turn.
Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 am

Too bad there arent sea bases like there is in Battalion Nemesis. Idea was good except it didnt follow through. My suggestion while keeping the concept is to make the map a bit bigger and add more cities. The others explained it why quite well so take their advice. Right now the map is a 5/10.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Sponsored content

The Crater Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crater   The Crater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Crater
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Wars Design Room :: Customization :: Advance Wars :: Normal Maps-
Jump to: