Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AWDS Likes and Dislikes!

Go down 
+4
Master Knight DH
Ephraim225
Kyle Kurosaki
SGD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Empty
PostSubject: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 3:49 pm

I never played this game because I don't have a DS myself to play it on. But Based on what I've seen.
Mega Tanks! I've seen how broken they are.
War Room is easier.
Ranking System.
Tag Option and Tag Powers
Awesome looking Game Play and music.
Hot As hell Sami. O_o

Dislikes
Black Bombs For Being SO Broken!
Piperunners for being so usless.
More Broken As Hell CO's
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me Want This Game!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Kyle Kurosaki
APC
Kyle Kurosaki

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:14 am

I disagree with you TSS. Sami is sooo 2 games ago. you want Hot? look to none other then: Lash! Lol, just kidding. Sami is still the hottest CO around. seriously, she could walk up to any BH unit, show them her b*****s and they would commit suicide.

Oh and yeah, i gotta say I LUV TAG POWERS

Dislikes:
    Campaign Mode. Ask Mark, I couldn't even beat lvl 8 without his help....
Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:02 pm

CStrife007 wrote:
    I disagree with you TSS. Sami is sooo 2 games ago. you want Hot? look to none other then: Lash! Lol, just kidding. Sami is still the hottest CO around. seriously, she could walk up to any BH unit, show them her b*****s and they would commit suicide.
roflmfao! lol! But Ya Lash did get hotter. xD

CStrife007 Again wrote:
Dislikes:
I heard it was too easy and that the story line was boring. Well it is the easiest of the 3 game. lol It's proably easier because there's more stuff you need to do.
Mark how is the game?
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:26 pm

I couldn't beat the campaign at first, but then I learned all the tricks to it:

-Sasha's Market Crash
-Grit...yeah
-Javier on tower-heavy maps
-Eagle + Sami = INSTANT HQ CAPTURE LOL
-Eagle + Sonja = VIRTUAL 4 FREE TURNS LOL (3 from tag power and the pre-emptive counters from Sonja)

But yeah, the campaign of AWDS was pretty poorly designed. Oh look, I lost just because I lost one little silo...meh. Let the old man become immortal. What's he gonna do, kill Hachi?
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:45 pm

Mark999 wrote:
-Eagle + Sami = INSTANT HQ CAPTURE LOL
Really? Awesome! lol I know they make a good coulple but damn.

Mark999 wrote:
But yeah, the campaign of AWDS was pretty poorly designed. Oh look, I lost just because I lost one little silo...meh. Let the old man become immortal. What's he gonna do, kill Hachi?
roflmfao! Again! But Ya I can agree with that. Though the Multyplayer against humans better be good.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Kurosaki
APC
Kyle Kurosaki

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:25 am

it is. trust me ^_^ unless your playing Mark
Back to top Go down
Master Knight DH
Artillery
Master Knight DH

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:08 am

The issues the good guys have with Von Bolt wouldn't be him having immortality. It's what he is doing to get immortality. Which is robbing the land to its demise via the Black Obelisks.

As for my Likes & Dislikes about AWDS? I have too many dislikes to likes about AWDS. Some of the non-remixed music is among the likes, but......there's just so much in the gameplay of AWDS that is messy.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Kurosaki
APC
Kyle Kurosaki

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 am

Master Knight DH wrote:
The issues the good guys have with Von Bolt wouldn't be him having immortality. It's what he is doing to get immortality. Which is robbing the land to its demise via the Black Obelisks.

As for my Likes & Dislikes about AWDS? I have too many dislikes to likes about AWDS. Some of the non-remixed music is among the likes, but......there's just so much in the gameplay of AWDS that is messy.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 5:49 am

The Dual-Screen idea was pretty good though. CStrife007 and I had fun with it. It's good, but if you want something balanced I'd turn the CO powers off. Or play one CO per player.

Tagging? Yes, it's good but Tag Powers are another story. I like CO switching, it's just the whole "Stall forever and get 2/3/virtual 4" turns is crap.

And what's with certain combinations getting powered up just for storyline reasons? Ideally they shouldn't do that at all. Really...all it does is support already-broken pairs.

Also, the War Room and Normal Campaigns are much easier. Aren't these two supposed to be challenging in the first place? Spann Island is still vulnerable to *HER*. And they still haven't figured out that everyone preferred when the Tutorial was SEPARATE from the Campaign, like in AW1. AW2 was inferior to AW1 in many ways like that.

I'd go more in-depth on this, but *SOMEONE* already has.

And I have a stinking suspiscion who that someone is. MKDH, know this: I saw the review.

And really, they should THANK Von "so not the Don" Bolt for turning the place into a wasteland. More sandstorms means less Grit.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jermaine441
Infantry
jermaine441

Male
Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:11 am

i miss sturm he was a good leader for BH i rekon
Back to top Go down
Master Knight DH
Artillery
Master Knight DH

Male
Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:58 am

Mark999 wrote:
The Dual-Screen idea was pretty good though. CStrife007 and I had fun with it. It's good, but if you want something balanced I'd turn the CO powers off. Or play one CO per player.

Tagging? Yes, it's good but Tag Powers are another story. I like CO switching, it's just the whole "Stall forever and get 2/3/virtual 4" turns is crap.

And what's with certain combinations getting powered up just for storyline reasons? Ideally they shouldn't do that at all. Really...all it does is support already-broken pairs.

Also, the War Room and Normal Campaigns are much easier. Aren't these two supposed to be challenging in the first place? Spann Island is still vulnerable to *HER*. And they still haven't figured out that everyone preferred when the Tutorial was SEPARATE from the Campaign, like in AW1. AW2 was inferior to AW1 in many ways like that.

I'd go more in-depth on this, but *SOMEONE* already has.

And I have a stinking suspiscion who that someone is. MKDH, know this: I saw the review.

And really, they should THANK Von "so not the Don" Bolt for turning the place into a wasteland. More sandstorms means less Grit.

Hmm. I forgot about the uses of the Nintendo DS itself. I guess it's hard to remember redeeming stuff about AWDS considering stuff like broken tags and maps that are ridiculously variable in difficulty by the likes of choosing COs. (Like Megaloplis.) And it hasn't helped that I was stuck in very rough circumstances when the game came out and when I got it. (I'm out of the circumstances, thank God. But I'm still feeling the lashing. And the aftereffects aren't exactly welcome. And I was in them for what on my own reasons? Some crush that started some 8 years ago?) So yeah, I may get irrational about my issues over AWDS.

Of course, I think it's also stupid when the game becomes about pretty much abusing cheap tricks just for some wallpaper.

Dual Screen had somewhat faulty execution though, especially considering what you said. The top screen's outcome wouldn't affect anything on the bottom screen if COPs were off. -_- Well, maybe via D2Ds, if it were possible to turn off the COPs but not the D2Ds. Either way, Dual Screen would have been a good idea if handled correctly.

A shame top screen air battles were campaign only. Then again, they'd probably be pretty much about Fighter abuse.

As for them thanking Mr. Bolt? Too bad the AN COs don't realize they're just in a story. Or that COs on their own side are broken and need to be nerfed. Then again, the former would probably not touch them and they're the same people who made some of the situational junk, that Black Hole would reverse engineer on an expectation to improve their "situation", if you can call having a CO numbers advantage and a workable intelligence advantage that. Plus sandstorms are weather. They're not going to be in every match, and they also hinder the opponents of Grit.

Hmm...I see. Meanwhile, a search revealed a few things. And brought up a few memories about somebody else along the way if you can believe it.
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:04 am

Enough about stupid storylines, let's talk about some of the campaign maps! yay

Pincer Sex? Sami/Sonja exploit=win on DAY F***ING THREE!

Omens and Signs (of stupidity)? Amazing no one has made a glib remark about the TWO USELESS BOMBERS THAT THE COMPUTER HAS ON THE TOP FRONT!!!!!

Crystal Crapola? Well, it's not vulnerable to an Eagle (Or in this case, Max) Right Side Bomber. More like a Power-of-Money'd Rocket from the left. (Used Sasha & Colin on the blue team)

F**k Amok? EXP mine for all COs, especially on Hell Campaign!

That map with Clone Andy? (Can't remember name) Gee, why couldn't they clone Hachi? Then they'd win for sure. BTW, the only reason they tried cloning again was to give us players a variety of enemies to fight against. Unlike AW2. Same five bad guys there. +1 respect point for AWDS. Total: 49 out of 100.
Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 am

Mark999 wrote:
Pincer Sex? Sami/Sonja exploit=win on DAY F***ING THREE!
Shocked

Mark999 wrote:
That map with Clone Andy? (Can't remember name) Gee, why couldn't they clone Hachi? Then they'd win for sure. BTW, the only reason they tried cloning again was to give us players a variety of enemies to fight against. Unlike AW2. Same five bad guys there. 1 respect point for AWDS. Total: 49 out of 100.
YAY Clone Andy Wooot! But seriously I would defently prefer BH andy in aw1. At least Eagle helped owning him.
Back to top Go down
Vi
Infantry
Vi

Male
Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Uhh... occupation? Wut? Student, I guess.
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Kyle Kurosaki wrote:

Oh and yeah, i gotta say I LUV TAG POWERS

Dislikes:

Lash owns your soul. Sweetest little lady around.
I'm kind of neutral on most of the new things added on. The tag powers and such can definitely tear your enemies a new ass and a half, but at the same time I could swear it breaks the game in half, much like Megatanks. Just pack an APC with 'em and they can kill virtually anything, if that APC has an Infantry or Mech with it to take over cities for it to regroup any lost HP. Seriously, the only thing to worry about with that monstrous unit is oozium. And rockets and the like, of course. Point is, when you can all but obliterate a squad of Neotanks, something's freakin' WRONG. The combat mode thing is a pretty pleasant little distraction, although rather boring after the first run-through, there being little difference between COs and the like. Oh, HP? More damage? Taking over cities faster. In the end, it doesn't really matter, in all honesty.

The campaign kind of confused me at times. Some of the earlier missions more or less TORE ME A NEW ASS, and yet later on it was more or less "lol your ded nao". I don't know, maybe I just improved over the course of my excessive game rebooting and the like, but yeah. I like the new outfit options, though. Sonja looks adorable in her casual clothing. X3 Jugger kind of annoys me, though. Although he's cute in that lumbering silly person kind of way, he's a carbon copy of Flak, which annoys me. Koal, too. Couldn't Intelligent think of any new CO powers? Honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sturm
Infantry
Sturm

Male
Number of posts : 18
Job/hobbies : Surpreme Commander of Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:23 pm

I cant really say anytthing about this i mean i got a rom working and all but im only on level 3 and the rom and emulator RUN SO FRIGGIN SLOW ti annoys the heck out of plus i cant use codebreaker or action replay codes cause of the darn screwed up emulator...

but so far I like the gameplay and the story alot
my only dislike would be....well i dunno yet...XD
Back to top Go down
njdevils17
Infantry
njdevils17

Male
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 pm

I didn't like how Jake replaced Andy. I found Jake to be pretty annoying with his stupid slang such as "You got served!".
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Apparently Jake wasn't such a gangster in the Japanese version - those headphones were for communications. Talk about suffering from 4kids syndrome, only without 4kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AWDS Likes and Dislikes!   AWDS Likes and Dislikes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AWDS Likes and Dislikes!
Page 1 of 1