Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything wrong in one mission

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Everything wrong in one mission Empty
PostSubject: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:29 am

Ok, so I'm playing FE Radiant Dawn and I'm on mission 11 part 3 (or whatever the mission is where you get Ragnel back).

So in this mission, everything wrong happened. The problems started as soon as the second turn. What happened? Mia fell in a hole. 3rd turn; she fell in another hole. 4th; ANOTHER hole. 5th; ANOTHER FUCKING HOLE!!! You know, after three years, someone would fix that bridge! Why is it still Swiss cheese?!

Second problem: there were these pillars of light popping up throughout the level. These pillars would make the tile impassable to any unit. No big deal at first, but when you add those pillars up with the holes (which are also impassable once they are uncovered), AND the sand bags placed through out the level, you can image what happened...THE BRIDGE BECAME IMPASSABLE! I am not shitting you! There was an entire line of impassable tiles. Thankfully, I had 5 flying units for this mission. The only units I left on the other side were Mist (she was on a horse) and Nephenee.

So everything was fine after that. I killed everything in sight up to the boss. The only units close enough to the boss were Ike and Oscar. Even though neither unit could be killed by the boss, I wanted to have all the units ready to attack. So I place them in range for the next turn. Then Tibarn attacked... and died. And no, I am not an idiot. I am aware that bows hurt bird units for more, but it's Tibarn. I'd figured he could take a few hits from a bow.

So I lost the mission automatically despite only have the boss left on the map.
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:21 am

XDXDXD Same thing happened to me. It helps to keep Tibarm out of trouble by ordering him to stand still.

When I played this chapter I attacked the boss with a character and ended the turn. Then Tibarn WALKED RIGHT NEXT TO MY CHARACTER, IN RANGE OF THE BOSS then the boss killed him. How stupid can the Laguz Kings really be?!
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:45 am

*sigh* It happened again. This time it was at Fort Nox. This isn't as bad as the last mission I stated above, but it's still annoying.

So I have to survive for 12 turns. I'm doing fine, killing all of the laguz that come up to their deaths. Around the 8th turn, I realize the usefulness of Aran. Before I started the mission, I decided to leave Aran away from the main lines and have him defend the west entrance along with Meg. When the laguz entered from the west side, I had Aran drop from the ledge to see if he can at least kill one of the three laguzes. When I checked the damage menu, Aran would have taken 5 points of damage from the tiger and 0 for both cats. The reason why this came as a surprise to me was because every other unit would take around 1-8 points from the cats and 8-17 points from the tiger. So this means I had everyone come near death throughout the entire mission, when instead I could have Aran take some damage.

So here's the second problem: After Ranulf told Ike about the upcoming attack (like a dozen of tigers, cats, and birds isn't an attack) I knew I had to retreat. I forget this person's name, but he is bowman of the Dawn Brigade. I thought that all I had to do was put my units in the high ground. For those who don't know, have a unit on the higher part of a ledge gives said unit a higher hit % and they deal more damage. So logic would say my bowmen would be fine on the higher ledge. It's the last turn and it's Ike move. Boyd moved up and attacked the bowmen on the higher ledge. He died. This isn't like the Tebarn problem like last time. I HAD an advantage and it still didn't help me.

I didn't lose automatically like with Tebarn, but I hate to lose my units, especially the ones I have worked on.

Off Topic: Is Fiona with training with? Every attack I put her through, the enemy almost always has a guaranteed two hits on her, where as Fiona never has anything more than an 80% hit and her attacks just don't do much.
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 am

Bowman's name is Leonardo, I think.

As for Fiona, if you really want to train her try giving her a Speedwing.
Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:43 pm

I dunno why but getting RNG scrude in chapter 1 easy mode is way more annoing then anything I've done so far. And honestly I have no idea why.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 am

Easy mode? XD You can easily blitz through Easy mode once Part 1 is overwith.

Normal mode is a huge step up in RNG dickery, believe me.
Back to top Go down
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:47 am

Ephraim225 wrote:
Easy mode? XD You can easily blitz through Easy mode once Part 1 is overwith.

Normal mode is a huge step up in RNG dickery, believe me.
I still seem to be having problems. >_>
I'm in early part 3 now, but I kept dieing in part 2 due to more RNG scrudenity and fing Geffory getting 2 hit ko by the fing end game boss WTF!!!!???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything wrong in one mission   Everything wrong in one mission Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everything wrong in one mission
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Wars Design Room :: Gaming :: Fire Emblem Talk :: Tellius (FE9 & FE10)-
Jump to: