Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just got the game today, here's my opinions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Just got the game today, here's my opinions Empty
PostSubject: Just got the game today, here's my opinions   Just got the game today, here's my opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:52 am

Days of Ruin is a great addition to the series. Lots of cool new units and COs, but sadly some of the things we loved about the old AW games have been axed. Like, the WAR ROOM, for example.

In place of the War Room are the Trial Maps. You unlock them in Campaign Mode, but they have no relation to the storyline. They simply test your skill. Is nice. Smile Battle Maps was also thrown out: You now have access to all 160 multiplayer maps the game has to offer (And yes, the Famicom Wars maps are still there after all these years. Now why can't we have the old War Room maps as multiplayer maps, since those are from Super Famicom Wars?) and you can store up to 50 custom maps onto your cartridge. Shocked HOLY STURM! FIFTY MAPS! And you can change the size from a minimum of 5x5 to a maximum of 30x30! *Cue girls screaming at the top of their lungs* I just wish they could go up to 40x40. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Now then. Let's talk about the units. The Biker is basically an Infantry that moves on tires rather than foot. That being said, it cannot be loaded and it suffers terrain penalties. Yes, it can capture. It costs 2500 G, as does the Mech. Regular Infantry was raised to 1500 G. The War Tank is similar to the Neotank.

The Anti-Tank is the defining ground unit: It can counter direct attacks AND attack directly, but it has to stand still in order to attack. It's effective against Tanks but average against Infantry.

The Flare Truck can light up specific areas of the map in Fog of War (Which is more like Dust of War since they blame it on Dust rather than Fog or Darkness.)

Finally, the Duster can attack ANY OTHER UNIT, but it has limited firepower. The Duster might not see much use, but who knows.

I'll post more when I get into COs and the units I haven't talked about yet. It's looking awesome so far.

EDIT: New unit!

OK, for the Rig unit, they took the Game Boy Wars 3 Constructor and combined it with the APC. The Rig can carry one Infantry, supply, and build Temporary Airports/Seaports. Temporary Airports/Seaports supply and heal Air/Sea units, but they cannot build new units. Now we can fight PROPER Pre-Deployed battles.
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
SGD
Battle Copter
SGD

Male
Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Just got the game today, here's my opinions   Just got the game today, here's my opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:55 am

How much are the properties then? Are they still 1,000?
This game is defenly seems to be more challanging then the others and It should have wi-fi mutiplayer right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Just got the game today, here's my opinions   Just got the game today, here's my opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Yeah, properties are still 1000 each.

Now let's look at the navy. Subs and Landers are the same (Landers cost 10,000 now).

There is a new sea unit called the Gunboat. It costs 6,000 G but it can fire only once before needing a refuel. They do decent damage against other boats.

The Aircraft Carrier got a huge overhaul - It can repair/resupply air units that are loaded onto it, and it can spend 15,000 G to build a new air unit called the Seaplane. The Seaplane can attack land and air units, though its damage amounts vary based on the target.

Finally, the Battleship is now able to move AND fire in the same turn: awkward for an indirect, but awesome all the same.
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got the game today, here's my opinions   Just got the game today, here's my opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got the game today, here's my opinions
Page 1 of 1