Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AI fail or exploitation win?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

AI fail or exploitation win? Empty
PostSubject: AI fail or exploitation win?   AI fail or exploitation win? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:06 pm

I found an AW2 speedrun video on youtube. For the most part, the person playing won by quick HQ captures. However, there is one mission that made me LOL. We're all familiar with the BM mission "Two Weeks" right? I can say without a doubt that everyone who played that mission thought "Infantry meat shield spam!" The person playing the speedrun, however, thought differently. He did.......nothing. Literally, nothing. He pretty much let Lash have fun for those 14 turns.

So how did he win? The person exploited two factors of AW. The first is that you can not lose by rout if you have no units to start with. The second is bad AI programming. The HQ was as unguarded as it can be, and Lash chose to capture the basses instead. Not only that but she placed a Mid Tank on top of the HQ and did not move it for the rest of the mission.

If you don't believe me, here is the video. Note: the video is over an hour long. If you have a slow computer, you may want to be careful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5vBW2L7ywY
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: AI fail or exploitation win?   AI fail or exploitation win? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Two-Week Test starts at around the 30-minute mark.

That is pretty LOL. Of course you have to do more than that if you want 300 points. Anyways, as I've stated in one of my joke map threads, you can't lose if you never build a unit.
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: AI fail or exploitation win?   AI fail or exploitation win? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:52 am

Yeah, the score was only 100. With no units, he got 0 on power and technique.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI fail or exploitation win?   AI fail or exploitation win? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AI fail or exploitation win?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Wars Design Room :: Gaming :: Advance Wars Talk-
Jump to: