Advance Wars Design Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition RoomHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"How would joining work in real life?"

Go down 
2 posters

How do we join?
By melting down spare tanks.
"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_lcap42%"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
By killing infantry.
"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_lcap8%"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
"Fu-shun-ha!" Technique (DBZ).
"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_lcap17%"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Umm......
"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_lcap33%"How would joining work in real life?" Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

"How would joining work in real life?" Empty
PostSubject: "How would joining work in real life?"   "How would joining work in real life?" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Good one Mark. I did not expect that. Razz

Anyway, I've always questioned the art of joining. Here are the units I fail to understand.

Infantry/Mech
Mega Tank
APC
All sea units
All air units that aren't B-copters or fighters.

Did I miss anything? Oh who cares?

I have a theory about joining. If you get more than 10 when you join two tanks (or whatever you are using) together, the spares are melted down and you get money. However, what happens to units like the Mega Tank where they are only one unit? Is the main tank repaired and refueled while the other tank is being melted down? OH! And what the fuck happens to infantry/mechs?! Are they killed off while the other ten take their stuff? I would understand if you joined on a building (the infantry would go home), but what happens when you are in the middle of nowhere?
Back to top Go down
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
Ephraim225

Male
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: "How would joining work in real life?"   "How would joining work in real life?" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Well during battle animations you can see that one unit is actually 5 units 2 HP each, so joining units would be putting 2 units together.

But for Bombers, APCs, T-Copters, Ships and Megatanks, there's only one unit with 10 HP, so how do they "join"?

Well, the surplus from combined HPs being over 10 is probably recycled parts being traded for money. Spare foot soldiers probably go back to the barracks or wherever. As for Bombers and whatnot,

-They land or stop
-Parts from one unit are given to the other
-The spares are recycled and traded for money
Back to top Go down
https://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
Colin_is_power

Male
Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: "How would joining work in real life?"   "How would joining work in real life?" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Mark999 wrote:

-They land or stop
-Parts from one unit are given to the other
-The spares are recycled and traded for money

As for the first one, how do they stop over the sea?
For the second, how many parts must they give before the plain is incapable of flight?
Third, again, over the sea?

Edit: Oh I forgot to add one thing about the Mega Tank. How do they get weaker when their health goes down? I mean they have five cannons. Is it because when they get weaker, firing makes the tank overheat and firing to many shots at once causes the tank to break? confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "How would joining work in real life?"   "How would joining work in real life?" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"How would joining work in real life?"
Page 1 of 1