Competition RoomHomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 What is this? Manhattan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 245
Age : 25
Location : Orange Moon
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: What is this? Manhattan?   Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 am

OK, I am going to try at one of these tutorial threads. Just for the record, I was to lazy to add the HQ's but I left a spot as to where they go.

When making a map you will need to make sure you do not put to many buildings on a map. The first problem to watch out for is pre-owned buildings.



If you notice, each player gets $21,000 of cash flow each day. You can buy one Mid Tank one day and a Neo Tank the next day and still have a flow of money. With a cash flow like that, Kanbai loses all weaknesses. And don't even get me started on how broken Colin can be. When making pre-owned buildings, you shouldn't have a cash flow greater of 2 tanks ($14,000) from the very star of the game.

Now for the second problem with buildings. Neutral buildings.



Who ever can reach those buildings first will have a BIG advantage. Almost winning the battle all together. Try to keep the PO building to N building ratio close to similar without making to many, like this one.

Give thanks to TheShiftingShadows for this one. Watch out for clusters of buildings. As you can see there is one bid cluster in the map above. Anyway, in my opinion, try not to put three buildings with in an infantry's (not mech) walking distance. It ok to cluster pre-owned buildings because you'll be wanting to defend those buildings as much as possible.



$4,000 cash flow from the star and another $4,000 to race for. Also, if you look in the War room you'll see similar maps like this.


Did I do alright? Did I fail to explain anything? Did I not explain something well enough?


Last edited by Colin_is_power on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGD
Battle Copter
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 609
Age : 26
Location : The Shadows
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 pm

It is ok. Just You Should Also Explain to never put any extra nutral bases together clutered together in one place. 9/10

_________________
Advance Wars Kicks Ass!
My Name Is Shifty,
Hear It And Tremble!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 245
Age : 25
Location : Orange Moon
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 pm

I missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ephraim225
Battle Copter
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 622
Age : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:05 am

Ah, property overdose. A plague among smaller maps. Good thinking.

Also, I noticed none of the maps have HQs?

_________________
See also:
http://www.freewebs.com/ephraim225/index.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://awdesignroom.forumotion.com
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 245
Age : 25
Location : Orange Moon
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Yeah, the reason for this was I was making all three of the maps you see above at the same time and I couldn't ad more than one HQ for each team. I could have spent another minute to fix that but I was to lazy to do so. Razz I did leave a mark as to where the HQs go to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kai Hitaro
Missile
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 263
Age : 26
Location : If you want to know where I am call a psychic! If you're too lazy to do that just leave me a message
Job/hobbies : Graphic Artist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Colin_is_power wrote:
Yeah, the reason for this was I was making all three of the maps you see above at the same time and I couldn't ad more than one HQ for each team. I could have spent another minute to fix that but I was to lazy to do so. Razz I did leave a mark as to where the HQs go to.

Don't you mean though. ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://khsa.heavenforum.com
Master Knight DH
Artillery
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 149
Age : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:16 am

I'm more concerned with Ephraim225's outdated signature (which is probably changed by the time you're reading this) than somebody's minor grammar error.

Anyway, I think Colin and Kanbei are overpowered because they have excess power a/o OTT COPs, not from being a bit extreme. But I think the problem with too many properties is allowing a swarm of high tier units virtually obsoleting the low tier ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colin_is_power
Anti-Air
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 245
Age : 25
Location : Orange Moon
Job/hobbies : Video games, drawing, sience, astronomy
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Master Knight DH wrote:
I'm more concerned with Ephraim225's outdated signature (which is probably changed by the time you're reading this) than somebody's minor grammar error.

Anyway, I think Colin and Kanbei are overpowered because they have excess power a/o OTT COPs, not from being a bit extreme. But I think the problem with too many properties is allowing a swarm of high tier units virtually obsoleting the low tier ones.
I played a map where I and 3 other CO's were producing 2-3 mega tanks a turn. This wasn't because of to many buildings but a $9500 fund. It didn't matter who I was, no one was going anywhere. So it doesn't matter who you play as, it'll become a stale mate sooner or later.

@ Ren: No, I meant to have 'to'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGD
Battle Copter
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 609
Age : 26
Location : The Shadows
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Colin_is_power wrote:
Master Knight DH wrote:
I'm more concerned with Ephraim225's outdated signature (which is probably changed by the time you're reading this) than somebody's minor grammar error.

Anyway, I think Colin and Kanbei are overpowered because they have excess power a/o OTT COPs, not from being a bit extreme. But I think the problem with too many properties is allowing a swarm of high tier units virtually obsoleting the low tier ones.
I played a map where I and 3 other CO's were producing 2-3 mega tanks a turn. This wasn't because of to many buildings but a $9500 fund. It didn't matter who I was, no one was going anywhere. So it doesn't matter who you play as, it'll become a stale mate sooner or later.

@ Ren: No, I meant to have 'to'.
This is why you dont play 9500 games.

_________________
Advance Wars Kicks Ass!
My Name Is Shifty,
Hear It And Tremble!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShadowGamerDarkly
Master Knight DH
Artillery
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 149
Age : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:32 pm

ShadowGamerDarkly wrote:
Colin_is_power wrote:
Master Knight DH wrote:
I'm more concerned with Ephraim225's outdated signature (which is probably changed by the time you're reading this) than somebody's minor grammar error.

Anyway, I think Colin and Kanbei are overpowered because they have excess power a/o OTT COPs, not from being a bit extreme. But I think the problem with too many properties is allowing a swarm of high tier units virtually obsoleting the low tier ones.
I played a map where I and 3 other CO's were producing 2-3 mega tanks a turn. This wasn't because of to many buildings but a $9500 fund. It didn't matter who I was, no one was going anywhere. So it doesn't matter who you play as, it'll become a stale mate sooner or later.

@ Ren: No, I meant to have 'to'.
This is why you dont play 9500 games.

Yes indeed. You'll never be able to spend all that money. That's why expensive units should be ones that can quickly end any game, either by win or loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What is this? Manhattan?   

Back to top Go down
 
What is this? Manhattan?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» I went to the Zoo yesterday
» Manhattan.abk
» Kasparov Book Signing in Manhattan

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Wars Design Room :: Customization :: Advance Wars-
Jump to: